Link roundups are legitimate blog posts, right? It doesn’t matter because I’m going to post it anyhow.
We’ll start with programming-related topics:
- Michael Nachbaur writes about automating iPhone app builds with Hudson. Of course this idea is particularly appealing to me since I love teh Hudson (even when it gives me fits ).
- The guys at Softwareschneiderei GmbH have an interesting series about speeding up build boxes by upgrading hardware. Spoiler alert: CPU is a big deal.
- Want to pair program and concerned about productivity? There’s a bonus video from the 2009 Brazilian Music Institute.
- Paul Graham lists 19 start-up surprises. Apparently being a start-up can be fun if you like roller coasters.
Next off to the bizarre sciency stuff:
- Ever wonder what the results of a fMRI would be on a dead salmon? Me either, but the results are more interesting than you’d think.
What is more off-topic than dead salmon? These links:
- You should be playing Machinarium. It’s a flash-based (read: works on Windows, Mac, and Linux) point-and-click puzzle/adventure game. It’s worth the $20.
- Get in the Halloween spirit with geeky pumpkin carvings.
- Steve Russo recalls some of the top Walt Disney World failures. The Cakestle is truly tragic.