I ran into a nice little problem trying to get richfaces deployed on Oracle’s OC4J:
… snip …
From a little bit of googling, I found several people running into this problem or something very similar. Frustratingly, not a whole lot of solutions. One solution that did not work (but was confirmed by some to do the trick) was to run the OC4J standalone server with the following parameters:
Luckily a co-worker (who is waaaaaaay to humble for his own good and won’t let me use his name here) figured out that adding the following to orion-application.xml does the trick:
Oracle has details on what the above does in their documentation on utilizing the OC4J class loading framework. Good luck reading that, it looks terribly boring.